Florida Atlantic University’s Institute for Sensing and Embedded Network Systems Engineering (I-SENSE) hosts an intensive summer research program in sensing and smart systems for talented undergraduate students across the country.
Closely related to the Internet of Things, smart systems represent an emerging class of distributed systems that provide real-time awareness of conditions, trends, and patterns to support improved decision-making, and often, automation. The on-campus research will focus on I-SENSE’s three main program areas: Infrastructure Systems, Marine and Environment and Health and Behavior.
YOUR FLORIDA EXPERIENCE
- This paid, nine-week program focuses on training, mentoring, research and an overall experience for students that prepares them for graduate studies or careers in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) disciplines.
- Undergraduate researchers are paid $500 along with a $120 meal allowance, per week. Participants will also receive $600 travel allowances.
- Participants will be housed in apartment-style dormitories on FAU’s Boca Raton, just three miles from the beach.
- Undergraduate students majoring in science or engineering.
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
- Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Selections will be based on a combination of research interests, academic qualifications, and faculty recommendations.
- Application deadline: February 19, 2019
- First Round Notification date: March 5, 2019
- Start Date: June 3, 2019
- End Date: August 2, 2019