Cognizant’s Pathways in Technologyscholarship aims to build an inclusive pipeline of tech talent by supporting students from underrepresented communities as they pursue a degree in computer science. As a leading Fortune 200 digital services and technology company, Cognizant knows that the jobs of the future require a solid foundation of relevant technological skills. For too long, though, systemic barriers have prevented many from having equal access to the education and advancement opportunities required to secure careers in technology. Investing in a diverse talent pipeline is not only a business imperative, but also the right thing to do.
Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria are invited to complete both the narrative questions and video component demonstrating an interest in and commitment to advancing diversity in tech. The Cognizant U.S. Foundation will oversee the selection committee for this scholarship.
Criteria for eligibility include:
- Declared major and/or concentration in computer science or related field of study
- A citizen of the United States, legal permanent resident or have current DACA or TPS authorization
- Enrolled at a two- or four-year accredited institution of higher education
- A student entering at least their second year of study in the fall 2021 semester
- A student in good academic standing with a minimum 2.5 grade point average
- A student who self-identifies from populations that are underrepresented in the tech industry as:
- Racial and ethnic minorities
- Individuals with a disability (The Americans with Disabilities Act defines a person with a disability as a person who has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activity.)
- Individuals that identify as LGBTQ
- Those that are first-generation college students
Amount: Scholarships are $5,000 and payable to the institution earmarked for the account of the student. The award is non-transferable, and the recipient may not receive cash.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2021
Download (PDF): Pathways to Technology Scholarship Eligibility and Criteria
Download (Word doc): Pathways to Technology Scholarship Application