The OASIS Initiative is seeking an undergraduate volunteer to assist with maintenance of our Squarespace website. This is a great opportunity to use your web skills to serve a nonprofit based at UC Berkeley.
The OASIS Initiative is a project of University of California, Berkeley, University of Niamey and Venture Strategies for Health and Development. OASIS leads international advocacy initiatives to bring attention and commensurate investment to address rapid population growth, climate change and food
security. We focus on three critical strategies, including building the evidence base, cultivating local leadership, and waking up the world to the humanitarian crisis projected for the Sahel. OASIS began as a project of the Bixby Center for Population, Health and Sustainability at the School of Public Health, Berkeley and maintains a close affiliation with Bixby.
1. Maintain and update three Squarespace sites for OASIS and our two partners, Optio and Venture Strategies for Health and Development
2. Major website revisions OASIS’ and affiliate websites, including
a. collaborating with staff on design and content matters
b. execute changes
3. Assist with staff and/ or volunteers’ questions regarding website maintenance
1. Strong familiarity with the Squarespace web design platform
2. Attention to detail and timely communication
3. Available to commit to up to 5 hours per week (with flexibility) for the academic year
4. Experience creating graphics for the web is a plus
5. Interest in international development, public health or food security is a plus
Send resume and brief email detailing your interest to Morgan DeLuce at firstname.lastname@example.org
and Paige Passano at email@example.com.