The Asian University for Women (AUW) seeks applications for a full-time faculty position in Computer Science to begin in September 2019/January 2020. Located in the port city of Chittagong, Bangladesh, AUW is a US style liberal arts university, with representation of wide range of international faculty and home to over 800 students from 17 Asian countries. The university is dedicated to teaching excellence in a liberal art setting, with a strong commitment to research and scholarly engagement. Further information about AUW is available at http://asian-university.org
Field of expertise: Ability to design and teach courses in Introduction to Computer
Programming, CS50x, Artificial Intelligence, Data Structure and Algorithms, Computer Communication Networks and Database Management Systems.
Academic Rank: Ranging from Assistant Professor to Professor, based on experience.
Start Date: September 1, 2019 or January 5, 2020; 1-year contract, renewable based on satisfactory performance.
Gross Compensation: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Package: Included benefits: deferred compensation, accommodation, annual travel, health insurance.
Non-Bangladeshi citizens eligible for income tax exemption in Bangladesh.
• Ph.D. in Computer Science, candidates who have submitted Ph.D. thesis are encouraged to apply.
• Evidence of teaching, research and publications excellence -US style teaching experience preferred.
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Ability to adapt in a multicultural and diverse academic environment.
• Plan, develop, and teach courses and seminars for undergraduate students in the Core Program
(General Education Requirement) and Computer Science Minor.
• Serve as academic advisor and mentor to students.
• Supervise students in developing and implementing senior thesis projects including guiding them in data analysis, thesis writing and presentation.
• Attract funding and engage in research.
• Provide leadership and service on academic committees.
Teaching requirement: six 4-credit courses per academic year; expected to teach: Introduction to
Computer Programming, CS50x, Data Structure and Algorithms, Database Management Systems,
Computer Communication Networks and Artificial Intelligence.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, teaching statement, research statement and the names of three references, as either MS Word or PDF files, to Ms. Katsuki Sakai, Managing Director, email@example.com.
Application deadline: November 1, 2019