Berkeley Lab is now accepting applications for the 2021 Luis W. Alvarez Postdoctoral Fellowship and Admiral Grace Hopper Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Computing Sciences Area.
Apply now for these two prestigious fellowships! Researchers in computer science, mathematics, or any computational science discipline who have received their Ph.D. within the last three years are encouraged to apply. The successful applicants will receive a competitive salary, professional travel allowance, relocation assistance, excellent benefits, and an opportunity to work in the San Francisco Bay Area. Since its founding in 2002, the Luis W. Alvarez Fellowship has cultivated exceptional young scientists who have gone on to make outstanding contributions to computational and computing sciences. The Admiral Grace Hopper Fellowship was established in 2015.
Additional information on the Luis W. Alvarez Postdoctoral Fellowship and the Admiral Grace Hopper Postdoctoral Fellowship can be found at https://cs.lbl.gov/careers/computing-fellowships/.
Berkeley Lab’s Computing Sciences Area researches, develops, and deploys new tools and technologies to meet these needs and to advance research in our core capabilities of computer science, mathematics, and computational science. In addition to fundamental advances in our core capabilities, we impact such areas as materials science, chemistry, biology, astrophysics, climate change, combustion, and fusion energy. Research areas in Computing Sciences include:
- Developing scientific applications and software technologies for extreme-scale and energy-efficient computing
- Developing mathematical modeling for complex scientific problems
- Designing algorithms to improve the performance of scientific applications
- Researching digital and post-digital computer architectures for science
- Advancing extreme-scale scientific data management, analysis, and machine-learning
- Developing next-generation machine learning and AI approaches for science
- Advancing quantum computing technologies, software, algorithms and applications
- Evaluating or developing new and promising HPC systems and networking technologies
- Researching methods to control and manage dynamic circuit networks
- Developing large-scale visualization and analytics technologies
- Managing scientific data in distributed environments
Application Process: For consideration applications are due November 9, 2020. Letters of Reference are due November 16, 2020. Details of the application process can be found at: https://lbl.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/2021-alvarez-hopper-postdoctoral-fellow-2968.