Berkeley Lab’s Computational Research Division has a new opening for a Postdoctoral Fellow in High-Performance Graph Analysis and Graph Representation Learning. This position will conduct fundamental and applied research in one or more of the following areas: parallel computing, graph algorithms, graph representation learning, sparse matrix computations, and/or high-performance computing.
What You Will Do:
- Perform research on parallel algorithms for dynamic graph analytics computations.
- Develop new sparse matrix data structures and algorithms.
- Publish and present research results in high-impact journals and top conferences in the areas of parallel computing, machine learning, sparse matrix computations, and high-performance graph analytics.
Additional Responsibilities as needed:
- Perform research on randomized algorithms for discrete problems.
- Develop high-performance algorithms and tools for graph representation learning.
What is Required:
- PhD degree, within the last 3 years, in Computer Science, Computational Sciences, Applied Mathematics, or a related technical field.
- Proficiency in C and/or C++ programming language.
- Proficiency in one or more of the parallel libraries/languages: MPI, OpenMP, Cilk, CUDA.
- Experience in high-performance parallel graph analytics and/or machine learning.
- Ability to design and implement parallel algorithms for machine learning and/or graph analytics, on shared- and distributed-memory parallel platforms.
- Ability to publish in top journals and conferences.
- Ability to conduct research in a highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Software engineering tools: make, cmake, revision control systems (such as git).
- One or more of the popular scripting languages such as Python, Julia, or R.
- Understanding of computer architectures, including accelerators such as GPUs.
- Understanding of probability and randomization in algorithm design.
For full consideration, please submit your CV and Cover Letter by June 10, 2021.
- This is a full-time 2 year, postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs. You must have less than 3 years of paid postdoctoral experience. Salary for Postdoctoral positions depends on years of experience post-degree.
- This position is represented by a union for collective bargaining purposes.
- Salary will be predetermined based on postdoctoral step rates.
- This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
- This position will be remote initially, but limited to individuals residing in the United States tentatively due to COVID-19. Once the Bay Area shelter-in-place restrictions are lifted, work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4. Click here to view the poster and supplement: “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.”